This course aims to bring participants up to speed on the basics of RF power amplifier design and operation in the shortest possible amount of time. Considerable attention is devoted to defining, classifying, and improving the efficiency and linearity of power amplifiers. Numerous design examples are provided for participant exploration.
Upon completing the course, the participant will be able to:
- Design low distortion and efficient power amplifiers.
- Bias power amplifiers for class A, A/B, B, and C operation
- Understand the tradeoffs among the classes of operation.
- Design amplifiers for gain or power or a compromize of the two.
- Describe several techniques used to linearize power amplifier output.
- Utilize modern circuit simulators and a simple system simulator.
- Understand the effect of harmonics on PA performance.
|Power Amplifier ABC’s|
|Sep 10-Sep 14, 2012||Course 216-4489|
|Presented by Allen Podell||$495|